[GRASS-windows] Re: 3D model and visualization (Audrey Pignon)

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 08:19:44 EDT 2008

Audrey,

maybe you could try the old fashioned approach to go via raster layers. This at least gives you a bit more control about the successive processing steps and might help to identofy your errors:

[Assuming that there are defined steps of Z(depth)]

1) Import xy data layers for each level of Z to a point vector layer (v.in.ascii "times Z")
2) Convert each point vector laver to a a raster layer (v.to.rast, previous interpolation steps may be required)
3) Stack the raster layers with r.to.rast3 to a volume [don't forget to set the regions depth/height accordingly]
4) Visualize this volume in NVIZ
4a) Export it to Paraview using r3.out.ovl. (and visualize it there)

Alternatively, you could just try v.out.ovl using your current vector data.

Hope this helps,
Peter