[GRASS-windows] r.coin help?

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:54:21 EST 2008

Dear GRASS community,

I am VERY new to GRASS.
I am attempting to summarize one raster based on another.
I have a land cover file for North Carolina and I want to see the
percentage of each category for a number of different elevation
'bands'. To get the bands I reclassed the elev_state_500m raster from
the North Carolina dataset into 20 categories. This is basically 100
meter intervals.

I tried using

r.coin map1=lc_reclass at user1 map2=elev_reclass20 at user1 units=p

I expected to get the percentage of each land cover class in each of
the 20 elevational categories.
Instead I seem to only get a summary for two categories.

So my question:
Am I using the correct command in the first place or is there a better
way to do this?
I realize that I could create 20 different masks and then do r.report,
but that seems rather in inefficient.

I am using Windows Native 6.3.0 and windows XP.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide,
Michael

I.W. Carpenter Herbarium
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina USA