[GRASS-windows] r.los crashes

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Nov 13 04:34:34 EST 2008

On 13/11/08 10:16, iomeneandrei wrote:
> Ciao Markus,
>
> Markus Neteler OSGeo wrote:
>> Another, better option is to generate a "backtrace" with a debugger,
>> see
>>  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Debugging
>>

> I'm not your man ;-)
> I have tried to read "GRASS Debugging" webpage, I have installed gdb for
> windows using ming, but I'm not able to use it to debug the processes of
> wingrass (as r.los.exe).
>
> Some tips for me?

ISTR that gdb debugging does not work with WinGRASS. Can't remember why,
though.

So, the best bet is to work with a series of fprintf statements in the
code to identify where exactly it crashes.

I've been away from WinGRASS for quite a while, though, so maybe there
are other debugging options now.

Moritz