[GRASS-windows] switching to GRASS, 6.2.3 or GRASS 6.3.0?

Marco Pasetti marcopstt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:57:05 EDT 2008

Hi Glynn,

> Marco Pasetti wrote:
>
>> > the path name is actually:
>> > C:/Documents and Settings/Katz&Denslow
>> > I think this is what you mean by username.
>>
>> OK. Finally we got it!
>> I believe that the "&" is the problem!
>
> Do you have any idea why?
>
> Ideally, GRASS should handle any filename which is valid for the
> current codepage (supporting Unicode filenames which use characters
> outside of the current codepage probably isn't feasible, but that
> isn't the issue here).

I believe that the problem relies at line 32 in the init.bat: if
"%HOME%"=="" set HOME=%USERPROFILE%

the & char is recognized as a command, so, if we set, for example: set
HOME=C:\Users\Marco&Glynn

we will have: 'Glynn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. The system can not find the path specified.

I think that we could fix it putting: set HOME="%USERPROFILE%"

but unfortunately I cannot test my solution now (too much things to do to
create a new & user and reboot the machine, I'm afraid!)

Regards,

Marco