[GRASS-windows] r.sim.water

Floris Van Ogtrop f.vanogtrop at usyd.edu.au
Wed Apr 8 20:09:26 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: neteler.osgeo at gmail.com [mailto:neteler.osgeo at gmail.com] On Behalf
Of Markus Neteler
Sent: Wednesday, 8 April 2009 5:44 PM
To: Floris Van Ogtrop
Cc: grass-windows at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [GRASS-windows] r.sim.water

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 6:45 AM, Floris Van Ogtrop
<f.vanogtrop at usyd.edu.au> wrote:
>> Dear win GRASS users,
>>
>> This posting refers to a posting in early September of 2008 regarding
>> r.sim.water
>>
>> http://n2.nabble.com/-GRASS-windows--r.sim.water-td1929559.html
>>
>> I'm working with WinGrass 6.3 on a WinXP Pro, Pentium 4 with 2.8 Ghz,
>> 3 GB of RAM
>>
>> As I am new to win GRASS I am trying to recreate the Spearfish
example as >>on

>>http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/raster/simwe/r.sim.wat
er/spearfish.sh

>> The problem is that r.sim.water crashes without giving an error
message
>> after running for around 1 minute. I have tried running this in both
Batch
>> and GUI modes with the same results.

>Would you mind to try the new GRASS 6.4.0RC3 binaries?
>http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass64/binary/mswindows/native/
>
>Perhaps the problem is gone then? note that it takes time...
>
>Markus

Hello Markus,
	I tried the new GRASS 6.4.0RC3 binaries (which looks good!).
Unfortunately the problem persists.

#Note that r.slope.aspect and r.mapcalc work perfectly#

g.region rast=elevation.dem -p

r.slope.aspect --o elevation=elevation.dem dx=DX dy=DY

r.mapcalc Rain=if(elevation.dem, 5, null())
r.mapcalc Manin=if(elevation.dem, 0.05, null())
r.mapcalc Infil=if(elevation.dem, 0, null())

r.sim.water --o elevin=elevation.dem dxin=DX dyin=DY rain=Rain
manin=Manin infil=Infil depth=Depth

#Crashes after 1 minute

Best wishes

Floris