FW: [GRASS-windows] please help - GRASS crashes at start-up

Peter Sullivan sullivan232 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:12:03 EDT 2009

FYI -

From: sullivan232 at hotmail.com
To: neteler at osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [GRASS-windows] please help - GRASS crashes at start-up
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 23:09:46 -0400

Markus,

Hi, and apologies for the much-delayed response, been off-line for a bit. I would still like to resolve the original problem. You asked if g.region works.   I'm not entirely sure how to test whether or not it does....but the sequence of error messages I get includes "g.region.exe has stopped working"  so I assume the answer is no.

I read a follow-up from another user that suggested it might be a security issue w/ vista. I will try that angle and let you know if sucessful. If you have any other thoughts I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Pete