[GRASS-windows] quitting wxGUI

Milena Nowotarska do.milenki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 11:01:17 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm testing grass6.4.0RC3 gain from osgeo4w installer, on xp.

in manual C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0RC3\docs\html\wxGUI.html
it is said:
"The GUI can be quit by selecting the 'File->Exit' menu item. The GUI
can be restarted from the GRASS command line prompt by typing
g.gui wxpython"

This is not quite true:  'File->Exit' quits grass and all you have is
osgeo4w command line window which, not surprisingly, does not
understand 'g.gui wxpython' command.

Does it work on linux or mac?

Can anyone help me to compile the latest snapshot on win or send me
his compiled package (since I'm not a real boy)
1500 fixes makes a difference...

Cheers
Milena