Re: [GRASS-windows] Cygwin doesn´t starts

epost_jj epost.jj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:17:24 EDT 2009

Got into Cygwin ok.
Fired up grass62 ok.
Downloaded spearfish dataset and tried to get in...
Here's the message that I have:

GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.itc.it/
This version running thru:               GNU Bash (Cygwin)
(/usr/bin/bash.exe)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the graphical user interface with: gis.m &
When ready to quit enter:                exit
GRASS 6.2.3 (spearfish60):/grassdata > child process exited abnormally
Error in startup script: can't read "monitor_zooms(1,1,n)": no such variable
    while executing
"lappend region $monitor_zooms($mon,1,$attr)"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::currentzoom" line 13)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::currentzoom $mon"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::coordconv" line 23)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::coordconv $mon"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::create" line 68)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::create"
    (procedure "Gm::startmon" line 11)
    invoked from within
"Gm::startmon"
    (procedure "Gm::create" line 69)
    invoked from within
"Gm::create"
    (procedure "main" line 30)
    invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
    (file "/usr/local/grass-6.2.3/etc/gm/gm.tcl" line 521)

Thanks!

Colin Nielsen wrote:

> Hi,
> Try starting a command prompt (Run->cmd.exe) change to the directory
> where cygwin_grass.bat is, and then run cygwin_grass.bat. This way the
> window will stay open and you can read the error message. Email back
> with the error and we'll try to help.
>
> -Colin
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 3:17 PM, epost_jj <epost.jj at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Did you have a solution to this?
>> I get the same problem....
>> It opens and close within second.
>>

>> Baptiste Laville wrote:
>>>

>>> Dear Wingrass users,
>>>
>>> May somebody helps me to resolve my problems with Cygwin.
>>> I am working with windows XP. To be able to use r.in.aster (I must
>>> import
>>> an .hdf file) I can´t work no more with the native Wingrass