[GRASS-windows] scripting on WindowsNative OSGeo4 Grass

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:41:19 EDT 2009

Hi Markus,

I fact I can open grass as text mode and copy and and past some command.
But when I tryed something like :

r.reclass input=A output=b <<EOF
1 = 1
2 = 5
3 = 5
EOF

I get error. So I am understanding that I can't use the capability of bash
when running grass under OSGeo4W_Shell (from where I started grass -text).

I also tryed to start grass from MSYS, but I got the following error
message:

Starting GRASS ...
WARNING: The wish command does not work as expected!
Please check your GRASS_WISH environment variable.
Use the -help option for details.
Switching to text based interface mode.
Hit RETURN to continue.

And AFTER Windows Vista say the libgrass_vask.6.4.0RC3.dll was not found.

May be a issue of Vista & OSGeo4W, or also my inexperience.

Best wishes

milton