[GRASS-windows] CompileOnWindows finished

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 22:20:37 EDT 2009

Hi Colin & coleagues,

I started since the begining, following all the steps the Colin provided,
and
almost on my machine (a Vista with 64bits) it appears to works fine.

To do so, I removed completely the C:/OSGeo4W dir. I must confess that
on the first time I included some extra libs, and it made I get some errors
during the compilation, and also after when I tryed to start GRASS.

By the way, I remember that almost on my case I needed to incluide
to extra steps before start GRASS

GRASS_WISH=/c/OSGeo4W/bin/wish.exe
export GRASS_WISH
cd /c/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/bin
grass6
Colin, addictionally I suggest you include the format of path as unix
on some steps, because it facilitate the copy and past (just to save
time of those the decide to handle the things on MSYS).
-------
3. Copy c:\osgeo4w\apps\msys\etc\fstab.sample to
c:\osgeo4w\apps\msys\etc\fstab (without .sample)
    or
 cp /c/OSGeo4W\apps\msys\etc\fstab.sample /c/OSGeo4W\apps\msys\etc\fstab
-----
4. Open c:\osgeo4w\apps\msys\etc\fstab
   or /c/OSGeo4W/apps/msys/etc/fstab
--------

3. Open c:\osgeo4w\usr\src\grass64\mswindows\osgeo4w\package.sh and at line
12: Change:

or /c/OSGeo4W/usr\src/\grass64/mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh

-----

Finally, now I get grass65 and not grass64, so I suggest update this.

So, Colin and colleagues, THANKS a lot!!!

miltinho