[GRASS-windows] Re: [GRASS-dev] Instructions for devel versions added to CompileOnWindows

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:39:57 EDT 2009

Hi Colin & Markus,

I changed the line 299 of .../etc/Init.sh on three ways:
  a)  GRASS_WISH=wish.exe
  b)  GRASS_WISH=/c/OSGeo4W/bin/wish.exe
  c)  GRASS_WISH=/c/OSGeo4W/bin/wish85.exe

After I started MSYS and GRASS65: choices (b) and (c) worked fine,
but (a) still get error. May be we need to include "/c/OSGeo4W/bin"
on the PATH?

In fact, when I am writing, I tested options (b) and (c) and GRASS bypass
the WISH problem. But I get SEVERAL errors under MSYS, because
the system say that CAN'T find several lib** files, and CRASH. It happens
only
under MSYS!

BUT, if I add the path as shown below (etc/Init.sh) the things are solved.

if [ -n "$GRASS_ADDON_PATH" ] ; then

PATH="$GISBASE/bin:$GISBASE/scripts:$GRASS_ADDON_PATH:/c/OSGeo4W/bin:$PATH"
else
   PATH="$GISBASE/bin:$GISBASE/scripts:/c/OSGeo4W/bin:$PATH"
fi
So, I think we need to include the OSGeo4W/bin on the PATH almost for
VISTA 64bits.

I Continue testing... Remembering that I compiled GRASS 6.5 yesterday
(MSYS).

Curiously, I get the same problems (GRASS Crashing AFTER RUN ONLY ONE
TIME AFTER INSTALATION UNDER MSYS) on the grass64 binaries compiled and
available on OSGeo4 site. I don't know the reason of the GRASS run once time
and
not run fine again...

Well, I am here to test... almost under Vista (sorry!) 64.

milton