[GRASS-windows] RE: cannot get r.to.vect to work

Snowdon, Barry B FOR:EX Barry.Snowdon at gov.bc.ca
Fri Oct 16 13:01:45 EDT 2009

Thanks for your reply Markus,

Originally I was trying to use GRASS 6.4.0: r39271-1.  I uninstalled it
and re-install it this morning in case anything has changed.

However, it returned the following error.

r.to.vect -v --overwrite --verbose input=pgtsa_lu at PERMANENT
output=lu_poly at PERMANENT feature=area
Vector map <lu_poly> already exists and will be overwritten
Invalid argument: can't _spawnl
Unable to start driver <dbf>
Unable open database <E:/GIS DataBase/My_Location/PERMANENT/dbf/> by
driver <dbf>
Unable to find table <lu_poly> linked to vector map <lu_poly>
ERROR: Unable to delete vector map <lu_poly>
(Fri Oct 16 09:20:54 2009) Command finished (0 sec)

That's why I tried 6.3.

I noticed quiet a lot of discussion about this "Invalid argument: can't
_spawnl" error or issue including talk of a patch in your September 21
release.  However, it doesn't seem to work on my Vista machine at least.

Once again I'm running Vista.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  If there is
any other information you would like me to provide just let me know.

Barry Snowdon, RPF
Forest Analysis and Inventory Branch
British Columbia Ministry of Forests and Range
Email:  Barry.Snowdon at gov.bc.ca
Tel:  250-387-3266
Fax:  250-953-3838