[GRASS-windows] Python collections module

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Feb 9 03:58:56 EST 2010

Frank Broniewski wrote:

> Thanks for your answer, Glynn. I don't find a python25.dll in my stock
> installation, but it works too. I am just a little bit worried that the
> shipped version from the osgeo4w installer doesn't work as expected. When I
> replace the osgeo4w version with the stock version everything works.
>
> Can someone confirm this? Sample code to reproduce my error:

I can't test as I don't have a recent version of OSGeo4W here.

> Now I wonder if I should report this as a bug, because reinstalling osgeo4w
> doesn't solve the problem. If someone can confirm this I would report it,
> but I hesitate. I will test this behavior on another installation today and
> I will see if I encounter this error message again.

If stock Python works and OSGeo4W's version doesn't, that suggests a
bug in OSGeo4W's version. However, building a working installer for
Windows is easier said than done due to its DLL search order (in
short, the only way to ensure that your version of a particular DLL is
used is to use manifests, which is a relatively new feature).