[GRASS-windows] Python collections module

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Thu Feb 11 02:29:18 EST 2010

> Is the code above something that needs to go on top of every python/GRASS
> script in order for it to work? I was assuming (wrongly, at this point)
> that those environmental variables were supposed to be set by a startup
> script.

No, the PYTHONPATH needs to be set by you. You can do that in the batch file
which starts grass or you can do that in every python application. I also
append the etc/python/grass.py application to the search path.

More info on the pythonpath env variable:
http://docs.python.org/using/cmdline.html?highlight=pythonpath#envvar-PYTHONPATH

I tend to do it in the python script because I have the feeling that this is
more flexible than in the batch file.

Frank