[GRASS-windows] WinGRASS Cygwin error

António Rocha antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt
Wed Jan 13 07:09:36 EST 2010

Hi

I have just installed/configured Cygwin for GRASS. I have installed X11
(xutils and others) and GRASS.
I entered grass64 -wxpython at cygwing/X and I got this error:
ELCOME TO GRASS              Version 6.4.0RC5         2009

   1) Have at your side all available GRASS tutorials

   2) When working on your location, the following materials
      are extremely useful:
      - A topo map of your area
      - Current catalog of available computer maps

   3) Check the GRASS webpages for feedback mailinglists and more:
      http://www.grass-gis.org
      http://grass.osgeo.org

Hit RETURN to continue

Starting GRASS ...
*/usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC5/etc/Init.sh: line 619: python: command not found
ERROR: Invalid return code from gis_set.tcl.
Please advise GRASS developers of this error.
/home/anrr/<UNKNOWN>/<UNKNOWN>/.gislock: No such file or directory
ERROR: /usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC5/etc/lock:
anrr is currently running GRASS in selected mapset (file
/home/anrr/<UNKNOWN>/<UNKNOWN>/.gislock found). Concurrent use not allowed.*

The thing is: I'm not running GRASS
Do anyone has an idea of what is wrong?

Thanks

Best regards,