[GRASS-windows] New WinGrass-Installer (r40386) Problem

MJ mlc652 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:37:25 EST 2010

There is still a problem with the "Define new location Location Wizard".
I am running the Windows version of Grass 6.4.0 (installed from native
version wingrass-6.4.osvn-r40386-1-setup.exe).  When I try to execute
the following, I have problems.

* Launch GRASS
* On the right-hand side select Location Wizard under Define new location
* Leave the GIS Data Directory field as is but choose a descriptive
name for the Project Location
* Continue to the next page
* Choose Select Coordinate System parameters from a list and continue
* Type in ll for the Projection Code or scroll down the page to find Lat/Lon
* Continue to the next page
* Choose Dataum with associated ellipsoid

This is where the problem occurs.  If I click Next to move to the next
screen I get an error message "Something is Missing.  You must enter a
value for Central Meridian" and you can not advance to the next
screen.  The same thing happens if you instead select "Ellipsoid Only"
option.  If you try to enter a Central Parallel or Central Meridian,
nothing changes in the entry boxes.  I can highlight the default zero
values, but I am unable to change them.  Note that I don't really want
to change the meridian, I just want to advance to the next screen.

How dows one move past this page? Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
Thanks.