[GRASS-windows] regular wingrass builds

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Thu Jan 21 04:39:04 EST 2010

On 20/01/2010 23:24, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have set up regular WinGRASS builds, currently for 6.4.svn and
>> 6.5.svn (built daily). Servers kindly provided by CTU in Prague.
>>
>> http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/wingrass/
>>
>> Enjoy! Martin
>>

> maybe this great thing of daily windows builds should be announced at the starting site of http://grass.osgeo.org/ ?
>
> best regards
> Helmut

Here at my win7 locale winGRASS installs only if I right click on the
installer and say "run as administrator", otherwise just double clicking
results in the installer going through the installation files while
skipping all of them. Not sure if this feature can be enabled by
default. Other than that, it seems to be working fine when installed in
the default "Program Files" folder (will keep you posted on this).

Is there any task in particular that has trouble with spaces in
installation path? I may try to test those and see what happens.

To perform day-to-day updates, should I just run the new installer and
give it the same default target folder?

Kind regards,
Luigi