[GRASS-windows] r.contour mit ASTER-DGM: Fail

MartinMAP map at map-site.de
Wed Feb 23 03:26:20 EST 2011

Hey,
Im new to GRASS and QGIS. I was IDRISI-User before but I see a lot
advantages about GRASS. However: I tried to make Vektor-ISO-Lines with
r.contour and got this:

ERROR: G_malloc: Kann nicht 16140 Byte auf cont.c:77 belegen.

Thats what I did:
Raster-Import (r.in.gdal) ASTER DGM (ASTGTM*dem.tif downloaded from
gdem.aster.ersdac.or.jp/search.jsp)

then: r.contour (r.contour input=ASTER1DEM at PERMANENT output=ASTER1ISO
minlevel=100 maxlevel=3700 step=100)

After that, i got this errormassage. I tried it with different steps, but
its everytime the same.

Workingenvironment:
GRASS 6.4 (without any plugins or changes)
WIN7 64
AMD64 X2 4200
2GB RAM

I realy hope, you can help me. I need to get my work done soon! Otherwhise I
have to go back to IDRISI...

Thank you very much,

Greets,
Martin