[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass - MinGW problem

Johannes Radinger jradinger at gmx.at
Wed Nov 2 04:53:22 EDT 2011

Hi,

> [...]
> >gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or
> directory
> <=
>
> cc1 is part of mingw-gcc-compiler
>
> see
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1178#comment:27
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1178#comment:28
>
> is there white space in the source tree path?
>
> here on my side the grass70-source is in i.e.
>
> C:\OSGeo4W\usr\src\grass_trunk
>
> have you installed all the packages mentioned in the wiki?
>
> Helmut

1) Yes, AFAIK all packages are installed as mentioned in the wiki.
And all the copying from the subfolders into the osgeo4w-subfolders
was done.

2) There are no spaces in the source. The folder is in my case:
C:\OSGeo4W\usr\src\grass-7.0.svn

3) I am wonderin because it seems that during the
configuration something points to my "old" C:/mingw folder. Because
I get, as I said, a different error when renaming that folder. And renaming that old folder (which should actually be removed) shouldn't
effect the config/compile of wingrass in the osgeo4w folder at all.

4) Because of point 3, I checked also again the fstab-file.
And line 15 and 16 (after the comments) are as recommended:
#Win32_Path        Mount_Point
c:/osgeo4w/        /osgeo4w

5) To get information about files in my osgeo4w directory. A attached a textfile with the tree structure of all folders and files in C:/osgeo4w. Probably that is useful to you! As the text file is too big for the email list, I'll send it directly to you Helmut..

What can a check now? Is there any way to find out which line in the code points to C:/mingw? Or is it a environmental variable on my machine (although there is no C:/mingw in the PATH of windows)... I don't know what to do at this stage.

Johannes