[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass 7.0SVN

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Oct 17 06:22:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

> > I didn't want to uninstall I just missed the possibilty
> > to set keep/reinstall etc. Sorry was my missunderstanding!
> >
> > Anyway, after opening the osgeo4w it seemed that
> > proj.4 (version 4.x) was already installed?! Strange... So I didn't set
> > anything (leave the "keep"s) and clicked on Next.
> > Then the new G6.4.1RC1 was addtionally installed.
> > Where there some recent changes in the osgeo4w setup?
> >
> > After that I tried the configure/compile again with
> > folling error in package.log:
> > checking for library containing cuserid... no
> > checking for xdrmem_create... no
> > checking for xdrmem_create in -lsun... no
> > checking for xdrmem_create in -lnsl... no
> > checking for xdrmem_create in -lrpclib... no
> > checking for xdrmem_create in -lxdr... no
> > configure: error: *** Unable to locate XDR functions.
> >

> > I checked if there is anything in the osgeo4w setup which
> > looks like XDR but couldn't find anything.
>
> At:
> 	http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/versions.html
>
> the package is listed as "libxdr". I don't know if that's the name
> shown to the user. Other common names are "rpclib" and "sunrpc".

Yes, libxdr is shown to the user when using the osgeo4w setup. The thing is that libxdr(4.0-1) is already installed (I checked and there is also a xdr.lib in c://osgeo4w/lib but I still get following error in the package.log:
checking for xdrmem_create... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lsun... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lnsl... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lrpclib... no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lxdr... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate XDR functions.

Is that a different thing from the XDR-libary?

Attached there is also my config.log which probably
provides some additional information.

Is that a problem of missing libs etc. i have to
download and install or is it just a problem of
GRASS?

Info: I just tried the configure with the newest GRASS 7.0
source (revision 48838) on Windows 7.

Thank you for your help.

/johannes