[GRASS-windows] Re: Compiling WINGrass 7.0SVN

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Oct 18 12:29:10 EDT 2011

some remarks belief

>Before I want to uninstall/reinstall MinGW some questions:
>
>1) There is a C://MinGW directory existing. I don't know if that was
>created by the Osgeo4W setup resp. the procedure according to the
>wiki. It is also possible that this is from older trials (I think some
>months
>ago a procedure with installing MinGW etc. was mentioned somewhere, and
>I followed but stopped because it seemed to complicated for me)
>So this can be also old remainings (the C://MinGW folder)  which may
>conflict.
>If it is the caseof old and maybe interfeering remainings, how can they
>be uninstalled?
>I ask this as there is no possibilty for me in windows to uninstall it via
>the Control Panel -> Programs and features.

I can't remember that this MinGw-folder is created by osgeo4w. If there is no uninstall, I would rename it first and see if there's something broken. if not, just delete the folder.

>2) @Glynn: How can I uninstall and reinstall MinGW correctly in Windows? Via
>the Osgeo4w installer? If yes which parts?
>
>There are these three parts according to the wiki, and all of them were
>downloaded
>last week.
>
>  * *mingw32-make* from here
>    <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw32-make-3.81-20080326-3.tar.gz>
>
>  * *mingw-runtime* from here
>    <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingwrt-3.15.2-mingw32-dev.tar.gz>
>
>  * *mingw-utils* from here
>    <http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz>
>

>3) @ Helmut: All the files are now copied. Copied folders are merged and
>in case of already existing files the were replaced. I did that now
>again for
>all manually downloaded packages (msyscore.....w32api,bison...readline).
>So according to the wiki everything should be in place. But that doesn't
>solve the configure problem. Still the same error.

I can't reproduce it here. Maybe there are some updated versions of these files. have you tried the latest ones?

Helmut