[GRASS-windows] Re: r.basin for windows [was Re: WinGrass6.5.svn-installer with selected addons]

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Thu Oct 20 12:27:46 EDT 2011

Glynn Clements:
>Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:
>
>> there are following error messages:
>
>> File "C:\Program Files\GRASS6.5.SVN\Python25\lib\threading.py", line 13,
>> in <module>
>> from collections import deque
>> ImportError: No module named collections
>
>This is a common error caused by a broken Python installation or
>attempting to mix Python versions (e.g. setting PYTHONPATH or
>PYTHONHOME to point to one version but using the Python interpreter
>from a different version).

ok.

there is the python bundled with wingrass65 and a few other ones i.e.
installed by arcgis
(in C:\Python26\ArcGIS10.0\) or by openoffice (in C:\Program
Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program)
or inkscape (C:\Program Files\Inkscape\python) etc. here on my box.

so some source of messing up? why is then the wxgui working normally?

>With respect to GRASS, the usual reason for this error is the attempt
>to "bundle" a copy of Python in the GRASS installer.
>
>Bear in mind that, on Windows, "executing" a Python script (whether
>from cmd.exe, the GUI, or via subprocess.Popen() or os.system()) will
>use the Python interpreter associated with the .py extension. If
>PYTHONHOME and/or PYTHONPATH refer to a different version, it will
>break.

is it possible to test which python interpreter is associated with the
.py-extension?

thanks
Helmut