[GRASS-windows] python error

DanniDito dontcarespam at web.de
Wed Feb 22 05:05:02 EST 2012

Hi there

I'm facing a little problem running python scripts in the 6.4.2RC3 version
on windows7 64 bit.
If I'm trying to run a .py script through the command line a window pops up
saying: "python.exe is not working anymore" and an Error massage as down
below is displayed in the command report:

Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys
standard streams
  File "C:\Grass Gis\GRASS
6.4\Python25\lib\encodings\__init__.py", line 120
    raise CodecRegistryError,\
                            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

I would be really greatful if somebody could give me some tips on how to
deal with it.
The script is not the problem by the way.

Thanks a lot,
Dan