[GRASS-windows] Problem in downloading and installing GRASS64 package

Angelo Paone angelo.paone1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 01:38:31 PST 2013

Dear windows mailing list,

I have already send you a msg, I hope that this time someone will explain
me what I miss here,

To download the grass64 and gdal, I follow the istraction on your web
pages, and I make a short-cut of set.up.exe, then through proprieties I
edit the setup.exe adding -X as follow:
Target : C:\Users\USER\Desktop\setup.exe -X
then I run the set.up.exe -X, and I go to the list of mirror, than I add
the following URL:
  *http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/*  as you suggest.
I click on next and a msg comes out saying that
"http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/ //setup.ini line 1
: syntax error, unexpected LT, expecting $end"
I am sorry but I do not undenstand why it does not work, can someone
explain me?

Best wishes

Angelo

Angelo Paone