[Ica-osgeo-labs] "Geo for All" website development requirements

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 13 11:40:51 PDT 2015

Hi Jason, (cc in OSGeo Board),

Many thanks to you and University of Southampton's great contribution to our mission by developing and hosting our website  and we are delighted to set actions in place to ensure long term support for this .

Through the many discussions we had  in the maillist over the last 4-5 months , it is very clear that our community and Advisory Board  sees our website developments as the biggest priority for our expansion plans and supported appropriate action for more development needs for our website esp. to support the regional chairs.

As we already have $5k allocation [1] for ICA/OSGeo Labs from OSGeo budget  2015 (though it was earmarked fully for student travel) , i would request the OSGeo Board to keep the  allocation same but change this into two components to support Student travel (1500 USD ) and our additional website developments of 5 days with a budget of 3500 USD to support developers at University of Southampton (webmaters) to assist with the setting up of pages to support the regional chairs and the development of other supporting tools,such as an online annual reporting form.

I also request OSGeo Board that remaining Student Travel allocation  ($1.5k)  be allocated directly to FOSS4G 2015 Seoul LOC as OSGeo contribution to the Travel Award scheme at  http://2015.foss4g.org/attending/travel-grants/  to enable few more derserving students to participate at FOSS4G 2015. I leave the selection of the students to the LOC  to decide through thier process already in place.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2015