[Incubator] Meeting Reminder

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Mon Apr 24 03:28:36 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Jody Garnett wrote:
>> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> This is a reminder that we have another Incubation meeting Monday at
>>> 2:00pm EST.
>>>
>>>    http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/IncCom_Meeting5
>>
>> Oh that is fun, same time as the geotools - I get to multi task.
> Yikes, me too!
Wait I think the world clock may be wrong - or google calendar may be
wrong.  Frank we better actually check the
times a bit more carefully...  Perhaps one of the apps is not hip to new
day light savings times rules...
> Mentors (and Incubator committee members) do not need to be OSGeo voting
> members. However, mentors must be incubator members, even if we have to
> draft them into the committee to get them as mentors.
>
> Richard might be a good candidate though I have to admit I would prefer
> folks who have been involved in most of the incubation discussion we
> have had so far since that is the closest thing we have to experience
> with the "OSGeo Way".
I do work with him and we have been stressing over the geotools IP check
together for example.
I will ask him and we will see if he is interested.
> I would like to agree on such a target at the meeting, but this
> presumes we agree we aren't going to add many more requirements.
Well we can agree to write down our current requirements, and we can
make notes
where initial projects want to go beyond the common minimums (and mark such
things as recommendations in the "not required but it well help" or "not
required but and indication of
maturity").

Cheers,