[Incubator] GRASS (and) PSC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 26 10:30:57 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Incubators,
>
> here a short update on the ever (?) ongoing PSC forming story of
> GRASS:
> - my email to a design discussion (display system):
>    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2006-April/022403.html
> - here the only answer:
>    http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2006-April/022429.html
>  which points out the thinking of key developer(s). It seems to
>  be difficult to even agree on the idea of a PSC.
>
> Maybe I should ask the new GRASS incubation mentors on how
> to proceed here?

Markus,

Hopefully they will have some advice.  Though not a GRASS mentor, I have
taken the liberty of replying on Glynn's questions with a bit of
brow-beating thrown in for good measure.

Note that mentors can't be expected to motivate a project to incubate.  But
they should join project mailing lists and participate in discussions.  For
this round of projects we are in the position that the mentors are pretty
well as new to things as the project reps and members.  In the future we
hope the mentors will be able to speak from a position of more experience
with the "OSGeo Way".