[Incubator] Project Application for Incubation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 31 10:43:49 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hi,
> I received a request regarding application for OSGeo incubation with a
> questions whether
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Proposed_Project_Submission_Process
> is approved and active. I admit I was at a loss and stumbled around the
> Wiki find this document not referenced, so I'd say its obsolete. Anybody
> feel like sorting this out? If not thats the chair's job. Sorry. :-)
>
> I suggest to make this the only entrance point:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Official_IncCom_Documents_%28status%29
> and either sort all else under this tag or redirect it.

Arnulf,

The official process is published at:

   http://incubator.osgeo.org/

This includes the notes on where to submit new project requests.  To the
best of my knowledge this information has been adequately hidden so far
that no one has found it.

I will take an action item to update the foundation FAQ on the public pages
to reference this process.

Some wiki cleaning, including redirects pointing the working docs to the
official docs on the web is desirable.  Anyone is welcome to take this on
since my intent to do so doesn't seem to have panned out yet.