Motion: MapBuilder To Graduate Incubation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 19 00:07:37 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Motion:
>
>   I move that the Incubation Committee recommend MapBuilder to the
>   OSGeo board for graduation from incubation.
>
> Please feel free to comment by email on it's readiness and when you are
> comfortable with a "position" voting -1, -0, 0, +0, or +1.  Do some
> research!
>
> PS. Before this goes to the board, we an individual who will be considered
> the VP MapBuilder.  Someone who will be responsible as liason between the
> MapBuilder PSC and the board of directors, an officer of the foundation,
> etc.
> Will this be Cameron?  This should be recommended by the MapBuilder PSC.

Folks,

OK, we have had +1's from Steve, Cameron, Paul and myself.  Jody has been
actively reviewing but hasn't stated a position.  But no one else (according
to my skim of the archive) has voted.

Given that MapBuilder hasn't yet selected a formal project representative
(ie. chair/vp/etc) and since we haven't yet garnered very comprehensive
support for the motion, I'd like to extend the motion for 1 week to Wednesday
October 25th with the aim of submitting a recommendation to a board meeting
on the 27th.

I would like to strongly encourage all members of the committee to do some
review, and take a position by then even if it is just "0".