[Incubator] Branding/Sales information required in Graduation Template

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Mon Oct 23 19:25:14 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Paul,
> we spell Mapbender with a small b because we are so humble. :-) You as our
> mentor should know. Tststs.
>
> There is more to this, we have not really specified what happens to a
> project once it is graduated, curently all processes simply stop, this
> cannot be in our interest. We have addressed th bug tracker issue but
> there is no control or agenda which would bring this up excpet the project
> does it out of its own interest.

I assume the webcomm is "responsible" here as that is the group you need
to tell about your new bug tracker. After incubation a project is on its
own w/ respect to communicating with the various committees. If the
committees need to set up a process or two to handle this it will be the
work of the next couple months.
> Regarding the Branding/Sales part of graduation I must confess that I
> don't get it. Which is a slight problem because as VisCom member I could
> probably provide for what you are asking. Its not that I want to play ping
> pong with this issue but what exactly is it that you need from VisCom?

Hi Arnulf, Probably time for me to chirp up again. On the webcom wiki I
have listed several kinds of content that I would like to see created, I
assume other groups such as viscom have similar "needs" - and that
committee will need to make up its own mind about how to interact with
projects.

Here are some links to the webcom discussion on content:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus#Format

This page documents the need for webcomm to provide projects with a care
and feeding document:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_Scope

There has been discussion on needed content on the GeoTools email list,
I will try and update this page to match:
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GeoTools_Incubation_Progress

Cheers,