[Incubator] Branding/Sales information required in Graduation Template

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:54:16 EDT 2006

I think there is value in a periodic report (no sooner than 3 monthly if
the majority of the developers are volunteers).

This is something that OSGeo can help out with - by providing key
metrics that projects can then talk to.

I've been writing occasional "Strategic Direction" reports for Community
Mapbuilder. This is probably a bit more than would be presented on a
monthly or quaterly report. However some of the information - like
metrics could be of use.

http://communitymapbuilder.org/display/MAP/Strategic+Direction

Robert Bray wrote:
> We should probably have a template for that report. Do any of the
> existing projects already have some kind of status report we could use
> to kick start that process?
>
> Bob
>
> Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>

>> On 23-Oct-06, at 2:35 PM, Arnulf Christl wrote:
>>
>>> There is more to this, we have not really specified what happens to a
>>> project once it is graduated, curently all processes simply stop, this
>>> cannot be in our interest. We have addressed th bug tracker issue but
>>> there is no control or agenda which would bring this up excpet the
>>> project
>>> does it out of its own interest.
>>

>> This may be minor, but would it be good if all projects could produce
>> monthly status reports outlining key developments, improvements,
>> roadblocks - perhaps number of squashed bugs or something like that.
>> This could serve as a metric for monitoring project activity - but can
>> also serve as a source for a consolidate 'news' or community update.
>> This would help encourage projects to continue to be active and a good
>> way to keep the board informed of growing issues.
>>
>> Tyler

Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net