[Incubator] Motion: Recommend GeoNetwork for Incubation

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Oct 31 09:13:49 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Incubation Committee Members,
>
> I motion that the GeoNetwork project be recommended to the OSGeo board
> for entrance into incubation with Jeroen Ticheler as project representative
> and Jody Garnett as mentor.

I (Arnulf Christl) second that motion. I have had time to discuss incubation in detail with Jeroen at FOSS4G and he gave me a thorough introduction to the software and community around it. It feels like a sound project addressing the never ending story of managing Metadata at a comprehensive level. It will be another project from the Java side and closes a gap in OSGeo's software stack.

(Jeroen, you should subscribe to the Incubator list to follow this discussion. The easiest way to accomplish this is by sending an email from your main mail account to incubator-subscribe at incubator.osgeo.org and follow the instructions given by the answering bot).

Best regards,
Arnulf.