[Incubator] Motion: Recommend GeoNetwork for Incubation

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Oct 31 11:09:28 EST 2006

Again, a +1. The project looks to be doing quite well and fills an
important hole
in the OSGeo stack...

Steve

>>> Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> 10/30/2006 10:27 PM >>>
Incubation Committee Members,

I motion that the GeoNetwork project be recommended to the OSGeo board
for entrance into incubation with Jeroen Ticheler as project
representative
and Jody Garnett as mentor.

----

The GeoNetwork application can be found at:

https://incubator.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=incubator&msgNo=458

I would like to close voting on this motion Tuesday November 7th.
This
should give time for some discussion before folks need to commit to a
position.

Please keep in mind that today we agree to limit ourselves to ten
projects
in incubation at a time.  We currently have six projects in incubation
since two have graduated.  Selecting this project for incubation may
make it
not possible for others projects to participate, at least in a
reasonable
amount of time.

warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org