[Incubator] MapGuide ready to graduate?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Feb 6 17:34:54 EST 2007

I believe the MapGuide project is about ready to graduate. Here is an
update on MapGuide's incubation status, I would welcome feedback from
the members of IncCom before making a formal proposal to graduate MapGuide.

The MapGuide Incubation Status document is available at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MapGuide_Incubation_Status and the
provenance review has been completed and can be found at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/MapGuide_Provenance_Review

Other than some minor issues to resolve with respect to the provenance
review (probably not a blocker since I believe for instance Mapbender
still had some open issues on that front at time of graduation), I
believe the project has met most of the graduation criterias listed at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Graduation_Checklist, except for
#9, the automated build process which is currently internal at ADSK. The
issue tracker is currently unavailable but this is temporary, they used
the CN system before and are working to get setup on OSGeo's Trac server
now.

As a mentor, I have witnessed that the MapGuide project has a healthy
and active PSC (http://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html) and a good set of
development guidelines and processes (see
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/developer.html).

Mapguide also has a fairly active user community with about 400 members
on the mapguide-users list and 120 members on mapguide-internals.

Are there other criterias that need to be addressed before we can
propose MapGuide for graduation?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette