[Incubator] MapGuide ready to graduate?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 6 18:54:07 EST 2007

Steve,

DMSG currently has three people with commit rights although we work
primarily around the edges of the core rather than tackling any core
issues.  I believe that Frank, Haris and Mateusz are committers on at
least the FDO project (which is separate, I know, but currently
tightly bound). There may be others that I am not aware of.

Most of the active core development on MapGuide has been, and
continues to be, funded by Autodesk and is implemented by their
staff.  FDO is a little more diversified, though.  DMSG is starting
to get involved in some of the core MapGuide improvements, for
instance Assefa is going to be working on the cartographic
symbolization improvements RFC.  I think it will take some time for
people to become comfortable even volunteering to contribute, just
because of the scope of the code base.  Bob and the rest of the
Autodesk team have been very welcoming and helpful to us and to
others contributing in other areas and I think the intention is to
attract other outside developers to ensure the health of the project.

Cheers

Paul