[Incubator] Official FDO Application for Incubation

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Feb 9 00:25:51 EST 2007

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Would it be appropriate or desirable for FDO to align with GeoAPI?

Hi Cameron,

To me it looks like both GeoTools and GeoAPI are more than data access layers, somewhere between FDO and the MapGuide Web API <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/webapi/index.html> in my familiarity-space.

What did you have in mind by "align with'?  Identical data models?  Identical objects / methods / method signatures?  Given the level of third party development and the amount of internal work that kind of change would require, I don't think that I would support that kind of drastic change.

Of course, my only role in the FDO project is as a user.  :)

Jason