[Incubator] New Projects - TODO

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen at Ticheler.net
Mon Jan 22 03:47:15 EST 2007

Hi Tyler,
Here's a contribution for the GeoNetwork opensource page:

GeoNetwork opensource: a standards based Geographic Data and
Information Management System for the web

Home Page: http://geonetwork-opensource.org

GeoNetwork opensource is a catalog application to manage spatially
referenced resources. It provides powerful metadata editing and
search functions as well as an embedded interactive web map viewer.

GeoNetwork opensource  has been developed to connect spatial
information communities and their data using a modern architecture,
which is at the same time powerful and low cost, based on the
principles of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and International
and Open Standards for services and protocols (a.o. from ISO/TC211
and OGC).

Features:
     * Immediate search access to local and distributed geospatial
catalogues
     * Up- and downloading of data, graphics, documents, pdf files
and any other content type
     * An interactive Web Map Viewer to combine Web Map Services from
distributed servers around the world
     * A randomly selected Featured Map
     * Recently updated entries, also accessible as RSS news feeds
and as GeoRSS.
     * Online editing of metadata with a powerful template system
     * Native support for ISO19115/ISO19139, FGDC and Dublin Core
formatted metadata
     * Scheduled harvesting and synchronization of metadata between
distributed catalogues
     * Fine-grained access control
     * Group and user management
     * Multi-lingual user interface

Attached are the logo and screenshots.
Hope this helps. Thanks for creating the page!
Ciao,
Jeroen