[Incubator] Motion: Decline Incubation for GeoFunctions

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Oct 9 11:17:37 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Motion: The OSGeo Incubation Committee chooses not to recommend
> GeoFunctions
> for incubation at this time.

+1 not to recommend GeoFunctions for incubation at this time

This feels somewhat categoric but is not intended that way. I think the thread on Discuss started by Paul Spencer is a good indication of what the issue is. I can see that Julien's try at a Labs page has not been taken up (as usual, somebody actually does something and no one cares, talking is much more important... :-). Just do that:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=OSGeo_Labs&action=edit&section=8

Visibility of the OSGeo Wiki is really high, search engines love alive MediaWikis. If I search Google with "GeoFunctions + XSLT" the first ten hits are all OSGeo or FOSS4G. So the first goal of getting some visibility is already working out just fine. Keep up the good pace and someday the project might have enough speed to get off the ground or even join with another good project.

Best regards,
Arnulf.