[Incubator] GEOS Application, Meeting Planned

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 19 14:14:09 EDT 2007

Folks,

Paul Ramsey, with some support from me, has submitted an application to
incubate GEOS.  It can be found at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/156

Paul, could you please join the Incubator mailing list if you aren't
already on it.

This puts us in a position with three pending applications and no
slots open.  Once a project has graduated (likely OpenLayers shortly)
we will need to select a next project for incubation.  The available
projects are:

  JVNMobileGIS
  GeoMOOSE
  GEOS

Details on them all can be found at:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=new&status=assigned&component=Incubator&keywords=%7Eapplication

It is my opinion that we should be selected on the basis of the "most
valuable project to OSGeo", not on a first come, first served basis.
I'm thinking an irc meeting to discuss the current proposals and to take
a straw poll on which of the three (if any) to propose for incubation is
in order.

To that end, and to address a few other pending issues, I am scheduling
a meeting for Monday October 29th and I have prepared a preliminary
agenda at:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/IncCom_Meeting11

We have an action item to review the Project Graduation Checklist
page.  I'd appreciate people reviewing it, possibly updating it, etc.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Project_Graduation_Checklist