[Incubator] GeoTools Mentor Needed

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Sep 16 00:21:43 EDT 2007

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Interesting - in my experience GeoServer asks for (c) TOPP, uDig asks
> for (c) Refractions - but they may of all learned this from GeoTools (c)
> PMC.

Jody,

Are there code contributions to uDig from outside Refractions?  To
GeoServer from outside TOPP?  If so, the copyright remains with the
original developer (or their employer) unless a copyright assignment
was signed.

Note that an employer is the default copyright holder, not the employee
if code is developed on work time in Canada and the USA.

> I am curious now - I am going to check it out:
>
> OSSIM had a nice online source browser
> - looking at a few files shows (c) 2000 ImageLinks

Note that there is nothing wrong with file copyright being held by
ImageLinks.

> - newfft.cpp shows dates of 1967 for the origional fortran but ther eis
> no (c) anywhere
> - how is OSSIM doing in the icubation process?

Mark believes OSSIM is ready to graduate.  We are trying to line up a
recommendation by the mentor.