[Incubator] Incubator Application: deegree

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:43:38 EST 2008

Sorry for the slow response, usual excuses.

Markus,
It is great to hear that a well established project like deegree is
engaging OSGeo. I think deegree has a lot to offer the community and in
particular I think it will benefit all if we see further collaboration
between deegree and other OSGeo projects - something which I think has
been one of the under-reported benefits of OSGeo.

One of my standard questions for new projects is to discuss similar
(OSGeo) projects and what opportunities there are for collaboration, or
if not what are the barriers.

The more collaboration, the more attractive the project is as a
graduation candidate.

--

As I seem to bring up this question fairly regularly, maybe it should be
included in the OSGeo Application page.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect