[Incubator] Pending Incubator Applications

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 12:29:12 EST 2008

Folks,

We currently have three incubator vacancies based on our self imposed 10
project limit.  There is no need to fill them all, but I do I think it is
time to review our outstanding applications:

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&component=Incubator&keywords=%7Eapplication&order=priority

GeoMOOSE
JVNMobileGIS
ORCHESTRA
deegree

Our project evaluation criteria are found at:

   http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/evaluation.html

Beyond that we need mentor volunteers from the committee before we can
bring a project into incubation.

So, I'm interested in feedback from the committee on our way forward.
This would include:
  o mentor volunteers for any of the projects
  o feedback on the suitability of the above projects for incubation
  o suggestions on what to do next (irc meeting?  bring forward a motion?)

 From my point of view:
  1) I think deegree is suitable for OSGeo incubation and I'd like a volunteer
     to act as mentor.

  2) I'd like someone on the committee (presumably someone knowledgable about
     Java) to do an indepth review of JVNMobileGIS to give us a sense of it's
     maturity, and suitability.

  3) I think we still lack sufficient understanding of the ORCHESTRA project
     to move forward.  I'm not too sure how to get over this hump.

  4) I'd like to hear if Bob would still like to proceed with GeoMOOSE
     incubation - I think there was some uncertainty.  If so, I think someone
     on the committee should evaluate GeoMOOSE.