[Incubator] GeoNetwork graduates from OSGeo incubation

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen.Ticheler at fao.org
Tue May 6 08:28:19 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Over the past year, we have worked on making GeoNetwork opensource a
full OSGeo project. Last week it was vetted by the OSGeo board as
'graduated' from the OSGeo incubation process. This makes GeoNetwork
an official OSGeo project and should help to ensure the long-term
sustainability of the project.

I would like to explicitly thank Jody Garnett for his patient and
accurate mentoring of the incubation process. His directions
definitely helped a lot in getting us to establish a project steering
committee, proper mechanisms for project management etcetera. Thanks!!

Ciao,
Jeroen