[Incubator] New Application for Incubation: PostGIS

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 00:39:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 05:06:19PM +0200, Arnulf Christl wrote:
> He,
> I just did not want to take away all the glory. Surely someone will
> volunteer for the honor of mentoring PostGIS? It will be a shining spot
> in your vita. If no one applies within the next few days (and no one
> nails me down on mentoring PyWPS) I will happily apply to mentor PostGIS.
>
> Best regards,
> Arnulf.

I would never speak about nailing, but apparently we do lack for
mentors. Since PostGIS is used by wild range of systems, it is well
established, it would surely be acceptable for us, as PyWPS team,
postpone our incubation process after PostGIS, if the situation would
demand it.

On the other hand, PyWPS is a small project. I have no idea about what
mentoring is demanding, but maybe it would be possible to mentor PyWPS
and other project in the same time?

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky