deegree incubation (was: Re: [Incubator] General gentle reminder to incubating projects)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Jul 3 02:51:53 EDT 2009

Hey,
good progress, thank you. It was worth while to meet and chat with Jens
Fitzke at the last LinuxHotel meeting [1] and later with Markus
Schneider (current deegree lead) at the Bolsena sprint [2]. I learned a
lot about the deegree incubation progress, there was basically just
missing a link from the OSGeo Wiki, so that nobody from outside deegree
really took notice.

One funny issues in the code provenance review is a copyright
attribution to OpenGIS (which is the standards trademark of the OGC):
https://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/OSGeoIncubationCodeProvenanceBase#A.5BOPEN.5DFileswithunclearcopyrightsituation
It probably does not hurt much but I am unsure whether this should be
changed and if so whether we have to include OGC to attribute or move
copyright to OSGeo.

Best regards,
Arnulf.