[Incubator] quality and officers

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 03:03:57 EST 2009

I have been having some interesting conversations at GeoLibre - including one around the branding of OSGeo projects as an indication of quality. As far as I can tell we have no specific quality requirement - we tend to expect a strong user base to hold a project's feet to the fire with respect to quality.

This conversation was a reminder that we should look at increasing our scope; or setting up a new committee; interact with existing projects (assuming the board is not already on this task?).

I was also tasked with introducing the osgeo organisation; and drew a blank when going through the osgeo "officers" - it seems that many of these officers have a portfolio confined to a single project? How does this work? Does it replace the need for a steering committee representative?