[Incubator] New Incubation Applicant: GeoServer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 7 20:08:29 EDT 2009

Jody Garnett wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
>> The hold up is getting an incubation mentor volunteer.  I think something
>> needs to be done to break this mentor logjam.  I am not sure what.
>
> Perhaps one idea is to attach the problem at it's source. We need
> people experienced with the incubation process - we could contact
> projects that have previously graduated and see if those involved in
> the process would be willing to step up.
>
> Indeed if we had a tradition of going through the process once; and
> then helping along the "next" project this committee would be a bit
> more fluid.

Jody,

I see we have 65 subscribers to the incubator list, many of whom I
assume might be good mentor candidates.  I agree that representatives
of projects that have completed the process are the most likely mentor
candidates for new projects.

What reaching out do you propose beyond this on-list exchange?

One other thing I might suggest is that we could relax the rule that says
a person can only mentor one project at a time.