[Incubator] Re: Recommend deegree for graduation

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 21:17:23 EDT 2009

Just to be clear; the documentation is now ready for review. We have
asked deegree to make a couple of changes over the course of the
incubation process - this is our chance to see how well they have
taken effect and if both the incubation committee and the deegree
community are happy with the result.

As an example we asked to for a project steering committee to be
created; later learning that a technical steering committee is around.
Personally I would of been just as happy to have a representative from
the technical steering committee as the contact point for the OSGeo
board if that is the way deegree is used to working.

I am also interested in feedback from the deegree community on how we
can make our process more clear in the future.

It looks like we may have a meeting (or email vote) on a couple
pending applications, prior to the board meeting, I would like to
confirm that we have no need of reviewing deegree graduation materials
"in time" for next weeks board meeting. Please take your time to
review; and respond early and often.

Jody