[Incubator] Motion: deegree incubation graduation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:29:18 EST 2010

-0.

Comments:
* Please remove TBD's from the following page:
http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/StructuresAndProcedures

----

Code Review:
* This has comments which include:
"As far as we remember, Wolfgang Baer allowed to put this code under the
LGPL. TODO: confirm this".
http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/OSGeoIncubationCodeProvenanceBase

I'm afraid this would not placate a lawyer who has been asked to check
whether this code can be used for the project or not.

I'd like to see a description about how this issue is planned to be
solved, or whether it has been decided to ignore the issue and only
re-visit if someone challenges the project.

----

* There are also some Red crosses in the code review at:
http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/OSGeoIncubationCodeProvenanceReviewReport
I would not consider this code review complete until there is an
explanation as to why these red crosses are not a problem. At the
moment, I'd assume that there is a problem.

----
And finally, I'd expect the committer guidelines to be finalised before
OSGeo incubation is complete:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Deegree_Incubation_Status

Are Committer Responsibilities Guidelines
<http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Committer_Responsibilities_Guidelines&action=edit&redlink=1>
covering legal issues in place?
    A document
    <http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/deegreeCommitterGuidelines> has
    been set up be the PSC. It still needs final review and then has to
    be accepted by all committers.

----
I'm on leave next week, so please excuse me if I don't respond to
emails. Don't consider my vote as blocking on account of me not
responding. However, I strongly urge you to address the issues above.