[Incubator] New Incubation Committee Chair

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Oct 17 12:09:08 EDT 2011

Hi IncCom,

As I stated at the OSGeo AGM in Denver, the Incubation Committee has
been quite inactive in the last year or so and we need to fix that.
There are a few projects currently in the incubator that have been
sitting there for a few years with very little visible activity/progress
and we need to either put some pressure or assist with whatever is
currently blocking them (hoping it's not just lack of interest on the
project's part).

Unfortunately, in the last few months I have not been able to give
IncCom the time it deserves from a chair to make it more active, and the
situation is just going to get worse with my new commitments as
treasurer of the OSGeo board and other business and personal commitments.

For this reason, I have to revise my priorities and have decided to step
down as IncCom chair to leave room for some new blood and energy. I
still plan to be on the committee (and as mentor), but don't feel I can
be a good chair at the moment.

I already spoke to Jody Garnett who has been one of the most active
members of this committee in the last little while and he would be
interested to take the chair role. Would anyone else be interested?

I propose that we wait 2 days to leave time for other IncCom members to
step up if they are interested in being chair, and then we can take
action to either elect or appoint a new chair.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/